Skip to main content

Missing the spouse

I think I am in love. Don't start telling what else do you expect? watching the tv day in and out. That too what type of soaps!! Heroine who is married fifth time is longing for her third husband who is having an affair with first husband's sister who will run away with her cousin who.. The ridiculous stories they show! So obviously being a stay-at-home housewife (read rot- at-home), having no better work, I will ofcourse fall in love!! And then you will start guessing who the fortunate (fortunate, with my all grey hair and far sighted eyes !!) person is. Don't do that and break my poor husband's heart. In fact I think I am in love with my own husband. Ridiculous !! Preposterous!! Can anybody fall in love with one's own spouse, that too after one and a half decades (decayeds) of marriage? After three sixty five times fifteen bitter fights ? Impossible!! But it has happened. And you have to believe me.

You see, my husband went on official tour six days, four hours and twenty minutes ago. And I am missing him very much. Since he went, I have to do so much more. As soon as I get up , I should go to everyone's rooms and switch off the fans. Are you wondering why should this be done?See in our house, no fan during daytime. It is national waste you see. If you feel hot, open all the windows. If it is still unbearable, remove your shirt and sit in your banian ( I don't do this, as I don't have a banian). If it is still hot, keep grumbling on and on. If you switch on the fan during daytime, will your dad pay the current(read electricity) bill thunders my husband. No, I don't want my dad to pay the bill. So I splash water to my face and keep doing that and don't wish to come away from wash basin.

Ok so I should start with switching off fans in all rooms.Then I should unlock the front gate, bring milk packets and newspaper inside, pluck the flowers from the garden, do puja after I finish my bath which may be at 2 pm. I should ask son to lock his bicycle in the evening. I should repeatedly say it twenty times and then do it myself. I should watch all newschannels and cricket channels thoroughly. No, the last one I need not do. Thank god for that.

Now I know what you will say. You say I am lazy, what I am feeling is, I am burdened with some extra chores because of husband's absence and I am giving a nice romantic name to that feeling. And you will also say that if my maid is absent and I miss her because of all the extra work, do I love her? No, no. It is not only that. I miss him so much that when I pass the paan shop where he buys paan four times a day and seven times if it is a sunday, I feel like stopping there and talking to the paanwallah. Well the paanwallah must miss him more than I do.

Not only that. I feel that the clock does not move at all. I cook breakfast for son, feed him, send him to coaching ( it is his vacation now), feed the maid that is give her some snacks and tea, send her, reheat yesterday's breakfast and eat it myself. Then I watch some serials for two hundredth time, watch some movie of which I know the end, begining and middle and I even know most of the dialogues. Then I reheat the cooked rice, eat it with anything remaining in the fridge or if nothing is there I eat it with pickle. ( Has any stay at home mom cooked anything for herself?) Then I try to nap for some time. I cook chapathis and some sabji for son. Then I google for recipes which I will never cook, google for yoga which I will never practice. Then I download some free e book for future reading. Still the clock does not move. I feel like breaking the glass and moving the clock hands to 11 o'clock so that one day will be over. But I don't, remembering how much I must nag husband to buy another clock.

I even miss our daily fights or rather arguments. He will say something. I will answer back. He will yell. I will shout. And both of us will start screaming. And then son will threaten Both of you better stop. Or else.. Earlier he used to threaten that he will sit on the top of car (we were driving ). Now he can not say that. If he sits on top of car his head will almost touch the sky. He is sooo tall. Ok then we will keep quiet for some time I come to computer. Husband goes to TV. Next day we will pick from the point where we had left. Now I must make a confession -this feeling of love is valid only till tomorrow evening. Then he is coming back and I will write a new blog titled "I think I will divorce my spouse".

We in India say that Lord Brahma will join the couple. How did he match us ? We have nothing in common. He believes in earning. I don't. After forty years (after birth not graduation) I had got a decent (paying) job last year. I left it. (It is a different thing that now I am googling part time/ full time/ online/ offline / work from home any @#@ job and not getting anything to suit my taste !!) I believe in spending, he does not. He says you can wear a dress until it tears and then only you should buy a new one. I do not accept that. I love books. He loves TV. He is orthodox in thinking. I dress in most orthodox way but talk like a radical. I like non-traditional cooking. He wants everything the way his moma used to make. I talk like I am a saint and but many times act very mean. He is not mean to anyone . Maybe a little to me? Now you will tell me this is the story of every household and anyway opposite poles do attract. Not completely true. Or may be true. And may be that is the reason still once in blue moon I get the above mentioned doubt.

OK see you in my next blog. You already know the title.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someshwara shataka

ಚರಿಪಾರಣ್ಯದ ಪಕ್ಷಿಗೊಂದು ತರು ಗೊಡ್ಢಾಗಲ್ ಫಲಂ ಈವಿದಾ ಮರಗಳ್ ಪುಟ್ಟವೆ ಪುಷ್ಪವೊಂದು ಬಳಲಲ್  ಭ್ರಂಗಕ್ಕೆ ಪೂವಿಲ್ಲವೆ ನಿರತಂ ಸತ್ಕವಿಗೋರ್ವ ಗರ್ವಿದಂ ನೃಪ ತಾಂ ಲೋಭಿಯಾಗಲ್ ನಿಜಂ ಧರೆಯೊಳ್ ದಾತರು ಪುಟ್ಟರೆ ಹರ ಹರಾ ಶ್ರೀ ಚೆನ್ನ ಸೋಮೇಶ್ವರ Will a bird in the wild go hungry just because one fruit tree dries up? If one flower withers, will not the bee get any flowers? If one haughty king is miserly, will there be no patrons (of poetry) on this earth? ಕೆಲವಂ ಬಲ್ಲವರಿಂದ ಕಲ್ತು ಕೆಲವಂ ಶಾಸ್ತ್ರಂಗಳೋದುತಂ ಕೆಲವಂ ಮಾಳ್ಪವರಿಂದ ಕಂಡು ಕೆಲವಂ ಸುಜ್ಙಾನದಿಂ  ನೋಡುತಂ ಕೆಲವಂ ಸಜ್ಜನಸಂಗದಿಂದಲರಿಯಲ್ ಸರ್ವಜ್ಞನಪ್ಪಂ ನರಂ ಪಲವಂ ಪಳ್ಳ ಸಮುದ್ರವೈ ಹಾರ ಹರಾ ಶ್ರೀ ಚೆನ್ನ ಸೋಮೇಶ್ವರ Learning from wise men, reading from good books, observing others  work and learning from good company, these are the ways a man becomes omni-scient (sarvajna - one who knows everything). Just like many streams join together to make an ocean. P.S. 1) If you find some of my wordings in this shataka is wrong, please let me know. It is a 40 year old memory. 2) There are also many tripadis(poem

AA

This must really go to facebook page. But since I am currently not in facebook, I am putting it here. If you feel any of your close ones or your friends and relatives are addicts or on the way of being addicts, introduce them to Alcoholic anonymous. They have meetings all over the Bangalore and in other towns in India also.  I have taken this list from AA India site . The site also contains lot of information about alcoholics including a questionnaire to find out if a a person is an alcoholic or not.   BELGAUM ADDRESSES TIMINGS New Life Group.    St, Anthony Kannada High School,    Opp. Fish Market Khanapur Road, Camp Belgaum-590006 Anand – 099026 87947 Sat 6.00 p.m. Back Top BENGALURU ADDRESSES TIMINGS

ಒಗಟು

ಇದು ಕನ್ನಡದ ಒಂದು ಒಗಟು. ಅಮ್ಮ ಹೇಳಿಕೊಟ್ಟಿದ್ದು. ನೋಡಿ ಬಿಡಿಸಲು ಆಗುವುದೋ ಎಂದು. ಉತ್ತರೆಯ ತಾಯ ತಮ್ಮನ ಕತ್ತಲೆಯಲಿ ಒತ್ತಿ ಕೊಂದವನ ಅಗ್ರಜನ ಪಿತನ ವಾಹನದನ್ತಿರ್ಪವನೆ !!! Hint : you must know your Mahabharatha well. One more. ಹರನ ಹಾರನ ಆಹಾರನ ಸುತನ ದೇವನ ಮಡದಿಯಂ ಕದ್ದೊಯ್ದವನ ಅನುಜನ ಮಡದಿಯೆನಗೊಲಿದಿರ್ಪಳ್ P.S. : If you find the solution, you can mention it in the comment :) Since no one came up with solutions, let me mention them. Uttara's mother's younger brother is Keechaka. The one who killed him in darkness is Bheema. His agraja - elder brother - is Dharmaraya. whose pita - father is Yama. Yama's vahana is buffalo. So the ogatu, is to call some one a buffalo. Second one is Hara's garland - haara is snake, Snake's food is Vaayu - air. Vaayu's son is Hanuman. His god is Rama. The person who kidnapped Rama's madadi - wife - is Ravana. Ravana's anuja is Kumbhakarna. His wife is Nidra - sleep. So all this just to say I am sleepy.