Skip to main content

Euphoria didn't last!!

Yesterday I was on top of clouds for achieving the set up of internet on Linux. The joy was more because had taken so many days. But as always, the happiness did not last long. Son came in the evening and told now net is not working in Windows XP. And he told make it proper NOW. Husband adviced him to study more rather than wasting time on net. And the tussle went on. I tried to connect to net and always the message was could not connect to broadband phone line is busy.
The next step is customer support. If you have ever tried BSNL customer support you will empathise with me. I went through the steps "press 1 for kannada 2 for English" "press 1 for broadband 2 for init" and finally "press 9 for talking to our customer support executive". Here the recorded voice kept on playing "Your call is important to us Please hold on". I held on but soon realised that if I do that without having my dinner, I will have to starve to death. So dinner over. Again the same route to "Your call is important to us..." .After half an hour of waiting the person asked my name, tel. number and then the problem. Before I could explain the problem, the line was disconnected. This time I tried calling them using mobile. Atleast I can get some work done. Loudspeaker on. I dumped the dirty vessels into sink. Left overs to fridge. Clean the table. Clean the kitchen platform. Set the milk for curdling. All these chores over. Still my important call was not picked. I switched on Comp and tried connecting to 192.168.1.1. No it was not getting connected to dataone of BSNL and asking for admin and admin as user and password. Meanwhile my important call was disconnected. And then I thought i will go to internet configuration wizard and gave the setting as broadband. Still no change. I deleted the existing broadband connection and again ran internet configuaration wizard this time selecting a connection which is always on. And THAT WAS IT. Now net works on both OSs
BSNL customer support finally was connected at 11:15 and he asked "May I help you? " What a customer support!!!!
Let us think positive. These people purposely delay, so that we think and learn how to configure the network.
That is not a happy ending. Today I am unable to login to blogger in Linux Mozilla browser. Konquerer browser did let me login, but crashed after few lines . AND kannada font is not there. Baraha is not compatible with Linux :-( So I can not escape using Windows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Someshwara shataka

ಚರಿಪಾರಣ್ಯದ ಪಕ್ಷಿಗೊಂದು ತರು ಗೊಡ್ಢಾಗಲ್ ಫಲಂ ಈವಿದಾ ಮರಗಳ್ ಪುಟ್ಟವೆ ಪುಷ್ಪವೊಂದು ಬಳಲಲ್  ಭ್ರಂಗಕ್ಕೆ ಪೂವಿಲ್ಲವೆ ನಿರತಂ ಸತ್ಕವಿಗೋರ್ವ ಗರ್ವಿದಂ ನೃಪ ತಾಂ ಲೋಭಿಯಾಗಲ್ ನಿಜಂ ಧರೆಯೊಳ್ ದಾತರು ಪುಟ್ಟರೆ ಹರ ಹರಾ ಶ್ರೀ ಚೆನ್ನ ಸೋಮೇಶ್ವರ Will a bird in the wild go hungry just because one fruit tree dries up? If one flower withers, will not the bee get any flowers? If one haughty king is miserly, will there be no patrons (of poetry) on this earth? ಕೆಲವಂ ಬಲ್ಲವರಿಂದ ಕಲ್ತು ಕೆಲವಂ ಶಾಸ್ತ್ರಂಗಳೋದುತಂ ಕೆಲವಂ ಮಾಳ್ಪವರಿಂದ ಕಂಡು ಕೆಲವಂ ಸುಜ್ಙಾನದಿಂ  ನೋಡುತಂ ಕೆಲವಂ ಸಜ್ಜನಸಂಗದಿಂದಲರಿಯಲ್ ಸರ್ವಜ್ಞನಪ್ಪಂ ನರಂ ಪಲವಂ ಪಳ್ಳ ಸಮುದ್ರವೈ ಹಾರ ಹರಾ ಶ್ರೀ ಚೆನ್ನ ಸೋಮೇಶ್ವರ Learning from wise men, reading from good books, observing others  work and learning from good company, these are the ways a man becomes omni-scient (sarvajna - one who knows everything). Just like many streams join together to make an ocean. P.S. 1) If you find some of my wordings in this shataka is wrong, please let me know. It is a 40 year old memory. 2) There are also many tripadis(poem

AA

This must really go to facebook page. But since I am currently not in facebook, I am putting it here. If you feel any of your close ones or your friends and relatives are addicts or on the way of being addicts, introduce them to Alcoholic anonymous. They have meetings all over the Bangalore and in other towns in India also.  I have taken this list from AA India site . The site also contains lot of information about alcoholics including a questionnaire to find out if a a person is an alcoholic or not.   BELGAUM ADDRESSES TIMINGS New Life Group.    St, Anthony Kannada High School,    Opp. Fish Market Khanapur Road, Camp Belgaum-590006 Anand – 099026 87947 Sat 6.00 p.m. Back Top BENGALURU ADDRESSES TIMINGS

ಒಗಟು

ಇದು ಕನ್ನಡದ ಒಂದು ಒಗಟು. ಅಮ್ಮ ಹೇಳಿಕೊಟ್ಟಿದ್ದು. ನೋಡಿ ಬಿಡಿಸಲು ಆಗುವುದೋ ಎಂದು. ಉತ್ತರೆಯ ತಾಯ ತಮ್ಮನ ಕತ್ತಲೆಯಲಿ ಒತ್ತಿ ಕೊಂದವನ ಅಗ್ರಜನ ಪಿತನ ವಾಹನದನ್ತಿರ್ಪವನೆ !!! Hint : you must know your Mahabharatha well. One more. ಹರನ ಹಾರನ ಆಹಾರನ ಸುತನ ದೇವನ ಮಡದಿಯಂ ಕದ್ದೊಯ್ದವನ ಅನುಜನ ಮಡದಿಯೆನಗೊಲಿದಿರ್ಪಳ್ P.S. : If you find the solution, you can mention it in the comment :) Since no one came up with solutions, let me mention them. Uttara's mother's younger brother is Keechaka. The one who killed him in darkness is Bheema. His agraja - elder brother - is Dharmaraya. whose pita - father is Yama. Yama's vahana is buffalo. So the ogatu, is to call some one a buffalo. Second one is Hara's garland - haara is snake, Snake's food is Vaayu - air. Vaayu's son is Hanuman. His god is Rama. The person who kidnapped Rama's madadi - wife - is Ravana. Ravana's anuja is Kumbhakarna. His wife is Nidra - sleep. So all this just to say I am sleepy.