Skip to main content

Everything has a purpose

Richard Bach has written a book called "Nothing by chance". I would like to add my own saying " everything has a reason behind it". You don't see the reason and get mad.
Like everybody else, you will curse the "Bengaluru mahanagar palike" or whatever is your city corporation for the bad state of the roads. ( you say bad is very very tame word for that ?). But again you are not seeing the reason behind it. You know very well that, we need to conserve water. If the BMP people fill in all the pot holes and tar the surface cleanly, how can the rain water sink to the ground and how will ground water table recharged? See, these people do think really about the future.
There is another reason, why the roads will not repaired. Beijing olympics, we won only 3 medals. So these people are training Indians for next olympics. For a new event called as hurdle driving. An Indian Shoemaker the formula one racer (this is not how his name is spelled? OK. I don't know how), should know how to race in Indian roads which full of hurdles in the form of potholes, BMTC buses who are out to kill you, autodrivers who also have the same desire but swear a lot when you escape, so on and so on. See, city corporations are not training one or two people but the entire population for this race. If you don't see it, you don't know how to recognise goodness in other people.
When it rains, these potholes will be filled with water and you can not differentiate between a pothole and what is left of good road. So you are scared and you will wait below a tree or a shop until the rain stops. Here these people don't want you to ride in rain and get drenched. They know that even if you wear a water proof jacket, that will not cover your legs. You get wet, you fall sick, you call and ask for leave. The #@@# boss says, you can not get leave and if you don't go to office, your one day salary will be cut. So either you go to office and spread you cold and fever to your collegues or stay home and lose one day's salary. City Corp. people do not want you to suffer. If they don't cover the potholes, you will be scared of driving and getting drowned in the pothole and you will not be sick. See such a magnanimous hearted people these are!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair care and me ??

I delayed writing this post for I was not sure whether I am entitled to write this post. If I put my photo along, I should also add that I do not use Dove shampoo, so that it will serve as a warning to people , if they don't use a proper shampoo, their hair might also look like mine :-( :-( :-( Things (on my head) were not this bad always. I had long black and reasonably thick hair, nicely plaited, when I was a child. In fact I would be sitting on my plaits - they were so long. And to top it all, one of relatives used to say " you say you will be taller and your hair will say it will be longer" or something like that. (Now I have ended up 5.2 ft  and my hair also short sob....) Back then, how did I nourish my hair?I did not do much in fact. But mere paas maa thi. She would religiously oil my hair - everyday. But not soak my head in oil. She would just put half a teaspoon of oil to my head. Then brush my hair nicely and put 2 tight plaits before sending me to school. T...

Someshwara shataka

ಚರಿಪಾರಣ್ಯದ ಪಕ್ಷಿಗೊಂದು ತರು à²—ೊಡ್ಢಾಗಲ್ ಫಲಂ ಈವಿದಾ ಮರಗಳ್ ಪುಟ್ಟವೆ ಪುಷ್ಪವೊಂದು ಬಳಲಲ್  à²­್ರಂಗಕ್ಕೆ ಪೂವಿಲ್ಲವೆ ನಿರತಂ ಸತ್ಕವಿಗೋರ್ವ ಗರ್ವಿದಂ ನೃಪ ತಾಂ ಲೋಭಿಯಾಗಲ್ ನಿಜಂ ಧರೆಯೊಳ್ ದಾತರು ಪುಟ್ಟರೆ ಹರ ಹರಾ ಶ್ರೀ ಚೆನ್ನ ಸೋಮೇಶ್ವರ Will a bird in the wild go hungry just because one fruit tree dries up? If one flower withers, will not the bee get any flowers? If one haughty king is miserly, will there be no patrons (of poetry) on this earth? ಕೆಲವಂ ಬಲ್ಲವರಿಂದ ಕಲ್ತು ಕೆಲವಂ ಶಾಸ್ತ್ರಂಗಳೋದುತಂ ಕೆಲವಂ ಮಾಳ್ಪವರಿಂದ ಕಂಡು ಕೆಲವಂ ಸುಜ್ಙಾನದಿಂ  ನೋಡುತಂ ಕೆಲವಂ ಸಜ್ಜನಸಂಗದಿಂದಲರಿಯಲ್ ಸರ್ವಜ್ಞನಪ್ಪಂ ನರಂ ಪಲವಂ ಪಳ್ಳ ಸಮುದ್ರವೈ ಹಾರ ಹರಾ ಶ್ರೀ ಚೆನ್ನ ಸೋಮೇಶ್ವರ Learning from wise men, reading from good books, observing others  work and learning from good company, these are the ways a man becomes omni-scient (sarvajna - one who knows everything). Just like many streams join together to make an ocean. P.S. 1) If you find some of my wordings in this shataka is wrong, please let me know. It is a 40 year old memory. 2) There are also...

Danuvettiddu

We Hegdes from Uttara Kannada, Dakshina Kannada, Shimoga districts of Karnataka belong to a brahmin sub sect called Havyaka Brahmins. We have some traditions of our own, a language of our own - which is slightly different from kannada. But I am not an authority on the subject, nor have I read any book on comparative analysis of Karnataka brahmin traditions. And as most modern secular Hindus I find it more amusing to make fun of our traditions rather than celebrating them - may be because I do not understand it completely. I attended a marriage yesterday. So let us talk about few of rituals in this marriage ceremony. On the previous day of the marriage called Naandi - which means beginning of any good thing. The groom will wear a simple dress, and a wooden footwear (since we can't conjure up wooden paduka so easily, he will wear foot-wear made from dried skin of areca flower) and with a sack on his shoulder, will declare that  he will go to Kashi. Here he is saying, he wants to...